Retro Spring

Voting

Saturday, June 25, 2011

we wait...

Having been asked where we are in the adoption process a number of times lately I wanted to give you all an update.

We are waiting.  If you have even the slightest inkling of who I am you know that this is far and away the hardest thing for me to do...ever! Not a good waiter...actually I was an excellent waitress, but I do not easily succeed at waiting in life.

What we wait for right now are our FBI background checks, medical statements to be completed, and we need to find our 401k statements.  That last one is the easiest, so I guess I need to not be lazy and get them printed!

Once we get all these things handled we can send them to our social worker and she will finish our home study.  The home study will go to our agency for certification and then to the USCIS for approval.  When we receive approval from USCIS (the state department) we will hopefully get to go meet Danny!  This is the day we eagerly await, however it might still be 3-4 months before we receive this approval.  Please pray it moves faster than that!

In the meantime we are going to start working on our next, and hopefully last, fundraiser.  We are planning a dinner and silent auction to take place in October.  If you, or someone you know, would like to make a donation to the auction or the dinner please contact me directly.  As soon as we have made some headway in planning I will post a specific list with what we need.

Thank you so much for loving us!

2 comments:

  1. We'd love to donate something for the auction and if we're not out working during the event, maybe we can help out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi! We would love for you guys to come but understand how insurance works! The date is mid-late October, and once it's firm I will let you know. Anything you'd like to donate will be appreciated, just let me know what you have in mind. Thanks so much friend!

    ReplyDelete