Retro Spring

Voting

Saturday, June 18, 2011

a MILLION thanks!

Wow!  We are overwhelmed by the amount of love we were surrounded with today.  Remember when I told you that God was using fundraising as a way to humble me?  How HE is!  I am humbled beyond belief.  There are not enough way to thank everyone who has turned up to help and donate it the past 24 hours.

The Muscle:
Crystal, you have been my rock through all of this.  Not only did you set about organizing this garage sale you workED with back breaking determination so that it would be successful.  $1,845 dollars later YOU have made a huge impact in our lives and in Danny's future.  Thank you.  We love you.
Clarissa, Christine, Mom, Phil, Amy, Jeremy, Emily, Kourtney, Jesse, Elizabeth, Donny, Aunt Sarah, (am I forgetting anyone? If so I am so sorry!) thanks to each of you.  You worked hard Friday and Saturday.  Most of you are sunburned, you sweated all day long, your feet probably hurt, I could go on.  Thank you.  We love you.
Taylor, Anna, Eva, Will, Drake, (Anna's other friends who showed up to help)  you guys totally rocked the lemonade, water, cookie stand! Thank you for your enthusiasm to help Danny out.  You kids are awesome sales people!
Mary, Jimmy, Mya, Lea, Danika, your family is our inspiration.  Without you there is no way we would have ever considered bringing Danny into our lives.  You show us what it is to love one another and be loved.  I am so thankful you are on this journey with us.  If you've ever wondered in your travels and moves why you are somewhere I hope you no longer wonder about San Antonio.  You were meant to be here, in our lives.  God blessed us the day He sent you here.  Thank you. We are eternally grateful.


The Donors:
I will honor what I believe your wishes are, but I want to say thank you.  You know exactly who you are, and just so you know there is another jewel awaiting you in your crown in Heaven.  You are loved.


Everyone Else:
We are just getting started!  I realize that the money we made today is a lot, and we are so thankful (if you can't tell!) But please remember this is a drop in the bucket.  We need to come up with approximately $22,000 to bring Danny home.  We are just shy of 10% of the way there!  Considering we are 10% of the way through paperwork I think we are doing pretty well!  Lots of ideas are being kicked around for our next big event.  We are thinking about doing a dinner at some point this fall...when it's not 106* outside anymore!  We may also do t-shirt sales, and we will definitely have duckies for sale soon since they didn't get here in time for today's garage sale.  Please don't forget that if you make your donations to our Reece's Rainbow Family Sponsorship Page they are tax deductible.  Should you want to make a large donation please consider mailing a check to Reece's Rainbow to save them the paypal fees.

One more time....THANK YOU!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My dear friends, no thanks are necessary. Love you guys with all my heart. I cannot wait for the next fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete