Retro Spring

Voting

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

how we got here -- part 2

To catch up check out Part 1.

While I was at the doctor's office waiting to be picked up (there was no way I could drive) they decided to run a bunch of blood tests.  Eighteen tubes of blood to be exact!  They also told me I would have to come back the next day to speak with my doctor since she only works two days a week.  Wes and I went in the next morning to talk with my amazing OB.  She spent more time with us than I've ever had a doctor spend.  Dr. R talked to us about why we might be experiencing multiple losses, what blood tests they had run the day before, what happened next, and GOD.  A doctor who talked about God?!?!  I have to admit I wasn't ready to talk about Him, but when my wonderful doctor asked if she could pray with us I knew we were in the right place.  She did one more ultrasound, just to be sure there was no heartbeat.  And then sent us to see a surgeon.

Wednesday December 22, 2010 I had surgery.  That afternoon my sweet amazing momma stayed with us and loved us.  My friends came over and brought a beautiful holly and crepe myrtle. (Oh I wish that holly hadn't frozen to death!) We were literally surrounded by love from our family and friends.  Everyone was so sweet and gentle with us.  On Christmas Eve we decided to go to church, knowing it would be hard, we still needed to be there.  That night I told Mary, who we had met earlier in the year, what was going on.  She hugged me so hard and I felt how sad she was for us, and really she barely knew us!

Fast forward a few more months and we are still mourning the loss of our daughter, who we call Faith.  During those months I am skipping over we found out she had Turner's Syndrome.  TS is extremely rare, and found only in girls.  From what we understand fewer than 5% of TS conceptions result in a full term pregnancy.  We chose to call her Faith because we trusted God's direction in our lives and we have faith that He knows what he is doing.  At this point we aren't sure what the odds are of ever having a healthy pregnancy, but we are continuing to walk on faith that one day we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment