Retro Spring

Voting

Thursday, May 5, 2011

not such a 5 star day

It was bound to happen.  Ran into our first adoption related snag today.  Yesterday we finally had time for both of us to go get the next set of forms notarized.  Then today I was able to finish up work early enough to drive to Austin to have them apostilled (apo-steeled.)  So I sat down with the lady at the Secretary of State's office and the first thing she said was: "Well this isn't going to work."  Turns out that the notary had stamped everything but hadn't actually singed and dated it...and it therefore wasn't a legal notary.  Ugh.

So I turned back around and came back to San Antonio and went straight to the notary we used and got it all fixed.  But by the time I was done with that I couldn't get back to Austin in time to complete the apostille.  Guess I will have to find time in the next few days to drive back up there.

Once we get the apostille it's time to ship the first round of documents off to "the country that shall not be named*." Good news on that: it's only going to cost about $120.  Yikes!

*did you like my little harry potter reference there?

3 comments:

  1. I know it's hard to remember, but, IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!! Once you hold that sweet boy in your arms, you will forget that the notary didn't sign it. BUT...HOW did that person forget to do that? That's pretty crazy!

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's her JOB to sign everything. And she didn't really apologize. I chose not to be angry to her face because there will be a lot more things I need her to notarize. And you are right, it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, email me at mamarhodes @ live .com I may be able to help you avoid that $120. Sorry things didn't work out for you, today.

    ReplyDelete