Retro Spring


Friday, September 9, 2011

USCIS fingerprinting

Today I went and had my fingerprints for our Immigration Application done....I wish that said "we."

I was a little nervous, especially after my gps lead me to the wrong building!  But everything went very well.  When I walked in there was a rather abrupt security guard signing people in and giving them a form to fill out.  (Here is where I digress: I had already given them about 40 pages of information and now I had to tell them my height, weight and hair color?!?!?!?!)

So I took my form (and pencil - NOT A PEN) and filled out my little form and got back in line.  Mr. Security was away from the desk and the center manager came to give me my number.  He looked at me, looked at my form, and looked at me again and said "Didn't I get a letter from you?"  YES!  I explained that yes, we were requesting for Wes's appointment to be moved, and was there anyway to get a new notification today, or could Wes walk into the office in CT.  He told me that he was very busy, but to wait after I was done and he would see what he could do.

As I was sitting in the waiting area I read all the signs.  No cell phones! No loud talking!  Do not touch the tv!  So I was quietly reading my nook.  No sound, not bothering anyone.  My number was at least 10 down the line.  Mr. Security made me turn my book off!  Really?!?!?  And by the way, why don't they show movies like Coming to America or Terminal at the Immigration office?  That would be appropriate!

Watching random movie with Robin Williams, Jennifer Lopez, and Diane Lane (I think - must look this one up) which I couldn't hear!  FINALLY my number was called "Seventeen White!" And it was time to get printed!  One of my friends wanted pictures of my inky fingers and was disappointed to find out it's all digital now.  Hooray for clean hands!

The lady who printed me hadn't ever heard of someone adopting from Danny's country, so we talked a little about that.  Once I was done she had me sit to wait for the center manager.  At this point a lot more people were waiting, but as soon as he was done with the person he was working with he took me to the office.  After looking at everything and re-reading my letter he was able to get Wes's appointment rescheduled to a place within 8 miles of his hotel for two weeks from today!  He also told me that he would personally email the center manager there and explain that Wes would most likely come in early with an "un-official" notice to get printed, as the official one probably won't come until after the appointment!  I was so excited I could have cried!

I emailed Wes his form, so he will be able to go next week.  Thank you so much for continuing to pray for this part of the process....once his prints are done it will be a few weeks to process, and then we will have a case worker assigned who will review our request...and hopefully quickly....get us our approval form! We truly may be just a few weeks away from submitting our dossier.  Which reminds me...I need to get to work on those last few pieces of paper!

PS: We have a Scentsy fundraiser going on right the link on the top right side of the page that says "Scentsy Party" 100% of the profits go to our grant!

1 comment: